The Master of Healthcare Administration in Strategy & Innovation (MHA-SI) is a two-year program that develops leaders who possess the values, knowledge, and skills needed to work in a highly-competitive, market-driven environment. Students will learn about the design, delivery and execution of strategy and innovation in healthcare. In particular, students will learn to integrate data and evidence based practices to gain operational effectiveness, quality outcomes, and sustainability of strategy in healthcare. All classes are offered online to accommodate the working professional.
Mental and Physical Requirements
Applicants seeking admission to the MHA-SI program must:
- Be able to speak in a clear and concise manner.
- Have communication abilities sufficient to interact professionally with others in verbal and written form.
- Possess critical thinking skills sufficient to think clearly and act appropriately in stressful situations.
- Possess interpersonal skills sufficient to interact with individuals, families, and groups from a variety of social, emotional, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
Applicants to the MHA-SI program must:
- Submit an application online and nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- Present evidence of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Present current official transcripts from all undergraduate and/or graduate institutions attended. Admission GPAs will be calculated based on credits and grades from regionally accredited institutions only. Transcripts must be mailed or delivered electronically to AHU from each institution, or the applicant may deliver a transcript in a sealed envelope directly to the Office of Enrollment Services. Faxed copies will not be considered official. Failure to disclose all colleges previously attended could result in denial or dismissal. Additionally, transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). This is the only company from which we accept transcript evaluations.
- Present official transcripts for each College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Advanced Placement (AP), and/or International Baccalaureate (IB) examination taken only if the applicant would like them to be considered for fulfillment of prerequisite requirements. CLEP scores reported on an official college transcript are also acceptable for this requirement.
- Present a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Submit the MHA S&I Healthcare Administration Program Prerequisite Eligibility Form.
- Provide an essay or goal statement outlining career goals, reasons for choosing to attend a faith-based institution, and reasons for specifically choosing AdventHealth University.
- Provide three recommendations using AHU Recommendation Forms. It is preferred to have one academic reference and one supervisor reference in addition to the third recommendation.
- Present the following undergraduate courses either as having been completed in the applicant’s undergraduate program or taken post-baccalaureate but prior to admission to the MHA-SI program:
- Accounting I and II
Note: Competency in computer skills is assumed.
Applicants who are not admitted to the Master’s in Healthcare Administration in Strategy & Innovation program during a specific admission cycle may reapply to the program for the next admission cycle as long as they have successfully met the minimum admission requirements. Reapplicants are expected to meet the published admission deadlines by submitting the following additional information to the Office of Enrollment Services.
- Submit an application online with a non-refundable $50 reactivation fee.
- Updated official transcripts from any accredited institutions attended since the original application was submitted.
In the MHA-SI Program, students will be deemed to be making continuous satisfactory progress toward the MHA-SI degree when they:
- Complete all scheduled courses with a grade of ‘B’ or better. One course with a grade of ‘C’ is permitted.
Achieving as second course grade of “C” requires students to repeat the second course in which the grade of “C” was awarded. No more than two courses may be repeated, after which time the student will be academically dismissed from the program.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.00, on a 4.00 scale, or better in all program coursework.
If an individual who has previously been dismissed from the program due to academic failure who desires to return to the MHA in Strategy & Innovation program, must submit a letter of intent for readmission in writing to the Healthcare Administration Chair. If an individual is accepted into the program again, at the time of readmission, the Healthcare Administration Chair may design an individualized course of study for the readmitted student, which may include repeating coursework successfully completed previously and directed study classes.
AdventHealth University will consider students for graduation with a Master’s in Healthcare Administration in Strategy and Innovation when they have:
- Met the general requirements for the Master’s in Healthcare Administration in Strategy and Innovation degree.
- Completed all required courses in the Master’s in Healthcare Administration in Strategy and Innovation curriculum with grades of “B-” (2.70) or better.
- Completed all required courses in the Master’s in Healthcare Administration in Strategy and Innovation curriculum within 72 months of their acceptance into the program.