This program of study will provide students with the academic preparation for entry-level work in healthcare administration and/or continued study in healthcare administration at the graduate level.
To be accepted into the Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration degree, a student must meet the general requirements for admission into AdventHealth University (see General Studies Admission in the Admission Information section), and:
- Submit the Healthcare Administration Program Application once admitted to the University, The application can be accessed at http://my.adu.edu.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.70. GPAs presented to the Admissions Committee for each applicant will be a cumulative record of all college-level work.
- Have a minimum ACT composite score of 19 or a minimum combined score of 910 on the SAT (rSAT: 990).
Students may progress toward a Bachelor of Science degree when they:
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 2.50.
- Earn a minimum grade of “C” (2.00) in all science and health science requirements.
- Successfully repeat courses in which a minimum grade of “C” (2.00) was not achieved.
AdventHealth University will consider students for graduation and conferral of a Bachelor of Science degree when they have met the general University requirements for graduation (see Graduation in the Academic Information section) and have:
- Completed a minimum of 125 trimester hours with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Completed the prescribed course of study with a minimum of 48 upper division credits.
- Achieved a minimum grade of “C” (2.00) in all major courses.
- Completed competency assessment requirements.
- Completed a minimum of 50% of all credits in residence at AdventHealth University. For students entering the Baccalaureate program with a degree, 36 trimester hours must be completed at AdventHealth University.
- Completed the service-learning requirement.