Students enrolling in the Pre-Professional degree program are those who plan to continue their education at other institutions in areas such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, medicine, dentistry, physician assistant, or other medical fields. The program prepares students for admission to professional programs by helping them earn a large part of the general education requirements for those programs.
To be accepted into the Pre-Professional degree program, students must meet the general requirements for admission to AdventHealth University (see General Studies Admission in the Admission Information section), and:
- Submit the Pre-Professional Studies Program Application once admitted to the University. The application can be accessed at http://my.adu.edu.
- Have a minimum cumulative high school unweighted GPA of 2.70 or have taken 12 college credits at a regionally accredited college with a minimum GPA of 2.70. GPAs presented to the admissions committee for each applicant will be a cumulative record of all college-level work.
- Have a minimum ACT composite score of 19 or a minimum combined score of 910 on the SAT (rSAT: 990). Applicants having 24 or more college-level credits from a regionally accredited college are exempt from this requirement.
Students may progress in the Pre-Professional degree program when they:
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 2.50.
- Earn a minimum grade of “C” (2.00) on all math and science requirements.
2a. Successfully repeat courses in which a minimum grade of “C” (2.00) was not achieved.
AdventHealth University will consider students for graduation and conferral of an Associate of Science degree in Pre-Professional Studies when they have met the general University requirements for graduation (see Graduation in the Academic Information section), and have:
- Completed the prescribed course of study.
- Completed a minimum of 64 hours of credit, 50 of which must be earned at AdventHealth University.
- Achieved a minimum overall GPA of 2.50 with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on all math and science requirements.
- Complete the service-learning requirement.
- Completed competency assessment requirements.